Ripple XRP Price Prediction For 2018

By
ripple predictions

Note: “This article should not be taken as, and is not intended to provide, investment advice. Please conduct your own thorough research before investing in any cryptocurrency.

Ripple has been garnering a lot of attention in the cryptocurrency world. Just like other cryptocurrencies, Ripple’s cryptocurrency, XRP also uses the blockchain technology. However, unlike other cryptocurrencies, it is regulated and facilitates fund transfer for banks.

Ripple has seen a surge of 4000% in the first half of 2017. Today, the market cap of Ripple is more than $7 billion. Ripple claims that there were more than $11 billion worth of transactions in the second quarter of 2017. Currently, it is listed on 30 exchanges.

Why Is XRP Expected To Perform Great In 2018?

Read Also: 5 Reasons To Buy Ripple XRP Coin

– Operations :

Ripple is working with some of the biggest financial institutions around the world. Ripple aims to power the whole financial sector by making instant transactions possible at a fraction of the current costs. It provides a frictionless experience for global fund transfer using the blockchain technology. In future, it is expected to act as a liquidity solution for the cross-border transactions. Banks and Payment Providers can use XRP to settle multi-currency transactions to minimize the overheads.

Right now, SWIFT facilitates most of the international payment transfers. Whenever we make any cross-border transaction, we need to provide the SWIFT code of the branch of the bank. SWIFT has a monopoly over cross-border settlements. It has more than 11,000 financial institutions and 200 countries on its network. Ripple is associating with big financial institutions and working with many banks to incorporate its blockchain technology. It’s hard to say how soon or whether Ripple will be able to take SWIFT down or not. However, it can indeed break the monopoly of SWIFT over the international fund transfer.

– Powerful Technology :

Ripple can process 1500 transactions per second, which is huge as compared to Bitcoin. Bitcoins can handle up to 7 transactions per second. Ripple’s technology is powerful enough to replace international payment systems such as VISA while reducing the cost and allow instant transfers.

– Trust :

A large number of banks from around the world are actively working with Ripple to implement its technology over their payment infrastructure. It makes Ripple trustworthy, and investors find XRP to be a comparatively safer bet as compared to other cryptocurrencies.

– Cryptocurrencies As Safe Haven :

Cryptocurrencies performance during 2017 will be a determining factor for their demand in 2018. 2017 saw the price of XRP surging rapidly during the first half. Other cryptocurrencies won’t find it easy to copy the market development of Ripple. Investors interested in the digital currencies as a haven for the uncertain times will find Ripple as a promising candidate.

– Familiarity :

Bitcoin and Ethereum are the most traded cryptocurrencies. A large percentage of cryptocurrency traders and investors are still not familiar with Ripple despite its promising technology. Once, a few institutional investors join the network and Ripple permeates the mainstream investor’s community like Bitcoin and Ethereum, an influx of trend followers can make the XRP prices shoot through the roof.

Read Also: 5 Tips To Protect Your Digital Currencies

Predictions For 2018

– Looking at the latest developments and increasing interest towards the XRP, by the end of 2018, the Ripple price is expected to cross the $2 barrier at least.

– Trading Volume of XRP is nowhere close to the most popular cryptocurrencies, BTC and ETH. Trading volume is expected to grow in 2018, and a rise in speculative activity on the Ripple cryptocurrency can even raise its prices to $2-$5 mark as well.

– Though the overall price of XRP is expected to witness an upsurge, not all months of 2018 will be the same. A lot of cryptocurrency enthusiasts don’t like the idea of banks or any financial institution or a company regulating the cryptocurrency. In the long run and as long as banks exist, XRP is likely to prove as a solid investment, but its prices can see a downward trend in some of the months.

Should You Invest In Ripple?

If you want to invest in Ripple, XRP as a long-term investment that you would like to hold for years to come, Ripple seems to be a promising investment. A paradigm shift is happening, and we are moving towards digitization of all currency. In the world where money exists in the digital ledger of banks, cryptocurrencies like Ripple have a special place as they are not anti-bank in nature like many other cryptocurrencies. Instead, they are developed to let the banks utilize the evolving blockchain technology.

If you want to invest in XRP for quick gains within a few months to an year, it seems promising. In 2018, it is expected to see a sharp upsurge in prices. It is projected to cross the one dollar mark at the very least.

If you are a day trader, XRP’s trading volume should grow as well. With increased trading activity, fluctuation in prices will be seen as well.

Final Verdict

With a promising financial technology for future and growing network of banks, Ripple’s cryptocurrency looks like a promising long-term investment. With more investors becoming aware of XRP and a growing awareness towards its technology, XRP’s prices are expected to rise in 2018. In the first half of 2017, XRP’s price surged up to 4000%. As the trading volume of this cryptocurrency is nowhere near the most popular cryptocurrencies, BTC and ETH, it is expected to witness at least one-fourth or half the spike as seen in 2017. Therefore, it is predicted to rise above $1-$3 in 2018.

Step By step To Buy Ripple XRP Coin

47 Comments
  1. Joe 3 months ago

I agree and would love that to happen, i think its a great investment but im also a little worryed! The resin for this is that all the banks are starting to use ripply now with is great, but I might be wong here in saying that ripply and xrp are 2 diffrent things one is for the banks and the devices they use, and the xrp is the coin, and i no the banks are not really that interested in the coin!! I think!!! So what if very one puts money into ripply and then they decide to do away with the xrp???? Can people please explain to me thanks

2. Preetinder Singh 3 months ago

Although Ripple and XRP are two different things but they are made for each other. Banks can save significant money if they chose to use XRP. Also with XRP they can do instant settlement of payments. Let me be clear here sending instant payment and settling instant payments are two different things. Banks can only achieve this by using XRP. Also by using XRP they DO NOT need nostro accounts in different countries. Think form bank point of view, they will be saving billion of dollar when they decide to use XRP. Banks love profits…everyone does……so i have strong and indeed very strong belief that bank will….one day use XRP

3. Tommix 3 months ago

Fairy tales. I see no reason why banks should and could use XRP in 2018. It’s not that easy for banks to implement technology and adapt it to be able to use XRP. BUt i must agree i would want it to go to 2$ 😀

• Deb 2 months ago

I have worked in banking and know when they need a software program they just employ India to create one for them.
      Check out India’s involvement in Ripple!

• Richard Flynn 4 weeks ago

I bet you feel stupid now…

• Chris Caunt 4 weeks ago

Ha ha, that’s exactly what I just thought when I read Tommix’s post. I’m putting every penny that I can afford to lose in to XRP. If it doesn’t make me rich over the the next few years I will eat my hat.

Even my wife is convinced, after yesterday’s news!

4. arie scheltens 3 months ago

RE; preetinder Sing

The technology is clear. Its also said that the use of XRP reduces the transfercosts of the banks.
    But how is the case if the banks have to pay the marketprice for ripple/xrp predicted between US$2 and US$4. what influence will that have on the transactioncosts?

• Ron 1 month ago

They pay $ 25,- for one swift transaction. So paying $2,- or even $50,- is still cheaper as the fee is just a few thousands of a cent. And you can use what is send to you. So even when SWIFT cost $25,- and XRP cost $50,- XRP is still cheaper in usage, you buy it and send it and receive it back. Just 2 transatransactions would make you get to a brake even point.

5. Nathan 3 months ago

Let’s be realistic. Banks are slow moving. The fact that a large number have taken on the idea of even using blockchain is awesome. So they are using the ledger alone and not XRP. Not a huge deal right now. Perhaps (speculation) they are testing the waters and then in the future will delve into XRP. Who knows….

6. dave 2 months ago

what about the swell ,meeting on the 16th when the big banks are scheduled to meet up and discuss the coin and the possibility of using it including Ex FedReserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, https://ripple.com/insights/news/announcing-swell-by-ripple/

7. Yan Bellavance 2 months ago

what about the swell? I lost 800$ and the worst most insulting du in crypto history, From 0.295 to 0.21

• ahmadderar 2 months ago

All banks and big companies like Microsoft interesting in Ripple blockchain technology (during swell we not see any good news about XRP Coin).. for that we see drop in XRP price … but I am say in the past XRP long term investing.

• Luke1987 1 month ago

“I lost 800$ and the worst most insulting du in crypto history, From 0.295 to 0.21”

I doubt you’re a good market predictor, which is fine, I’m also terrible at it. However, you shouldn’t sell at a loss then, hold and wait until it gets back up again.

8. Smirker 1 month ago

Ripple handles 1500 transactions per second, not 70K.

9. Safrican 1 month ago

I bought XRP when they were 25 Euro-Cents each. Now they’re at 18 Euro-Cents and I’m not worried at all because I’m looking at the long term possibilities. Believe in huge returns in 5 years from now and watch it happen!

10. Gary 4 weeks ago

XRP is when you for long term. If you think, you can be rich in few years, then you are wrong. XRP based on Ripple is focused on banking sector. As banking sec. moves we will see progress. It will go up and down for few time in cents. In the longer term through extensive graph and CAP and tech infrastructure analysis. It is going to to be a good investment. But, just remember, only do much what you can afford to loose. Always have top and low sec to buy to sell and act accordingly.

11. Mamoon Khokhar 3 weeks ago

I feel 2018 is going to be VERY crucial for XRP….last week Amex came in to use ripple’s blockchain technology in its US-UK transactions only. Lets hope they get good tesults, coz that will bring huge business for ripple in future. Most of the Financial institutions and banks are convinced by ripple’s blockchain technology but afraid to start using it…so, if Amex gets good results..other players will follow. Then you’ll see XRP skyrocketing. May cross $3 or $4 in 2018

• AnakDagang 15 hours ago

I really hope that happens

12. Tim 2 weeks ago

I’m new to all this crypto currency stuff but I’m wondering how XRP will actually go up in value since it’s not exactly the Ripple system.

I’ve also read that the current system SWIFT is fighting back against banks switching to Ripple as they are lowering fees, etc…

So if you’re a bank and you’re already using SWIFT your main reasons for switching to Ripple are:
    1. Lower fees so you make more money.
    Well SWIFT is dropping it’s fees…

2. Speed.
    Not sure what SWIFT is going to do here but I suppose since Ripple is open source isn’t it possible that SWIFT actually uses the Ripple technology and maintains it’s current bank clientele?

If you’re a bank or business it’s a huge problem switching technologies..

13. Qwerty Yop 2 weeks ago

I’m absolutely confused! I read good things about Ripple and then something bad appears. I was thinking to invest small sum into this system because I know that what ever happens with balloony Bitcoin craze. Today I was seeing the price at almost $11.500 per bitcoin… WTF?! People lost their minds… and the interesting part here is that Bitcoin is not the best technology. It is just the first one, the pioneer.
    There a better cryptos with much better created blockchain systems, which I’m sure will be in use much longer in the future after the death of the Bitcoin.

I hate banks, but from an investor’s point of view, if Ripple is much better than Swift, Bitcoin and other players in the niche, why leave it on the shelf.

My problem is the buying process! I was looking to find how to buy it, but every time I just can’t understand how. Looks very complicate and my main concern is that I read many people got scammed by the exchangers. Why so complicated?!
    May be when Ripple starts in full, money from bank to bank or to other providers will take just seconds, not days like now.

The miracle will be if or when Ripple becomes main payment system, the price per Ripple (XRP) to skyrocketing not to $2-$5, to go up beyond $20-$50… and why not 200-300 in the next 2-3-4 years!? Then a $1000 investment now, will be enough for one’s retirement.

😜😜😜

• Kimthekiwi 2 days ago

Use Etoro! You can put a stop loss in and increase it as the value of ripple increases. win win.
      I have no issues withdrawling from them and no mucking around with currencies and wallets etc.
      Just use USD once and done!

14. Mush 1 week ago

Can anyone suggest the best wallet to store XRP ? I have a wallet with blockchain but they do not support XRP and I am not really looking to get hardware from Nano .. please advise.

15. Delphic Epsilon 7 days ago

Invest in XRP now and watch it skyrocket to $5,000 in 5 years time.

• Sherin 7 days ago

Ok i think you went a little too far with that number lmao

• Bella 6 days ago

I dont think he did at all, remember bitcoin was 0.01 cent 7 years ago, and now 7 years later it is 13k.

16. Mar 7 days ago

Hello does anyone have an opinion for GATEHUB as a platform and wallet ?

17. Edward Park 7 days ago

I tried to buy Ripple with my Debit Card as it was advertised but I could not because Changelly uses Indacoin and they do not operate in the US. I am bummed I’ve been trying for way too long to get this done but to no avail.

• ahmadderar 6 days ago

buy from bitstamp

• Alex 5 days ago

You have to use Coinbase app to buy Bitcoin or Etherium with your card and then transfer it to Binanace app to buy XRP.

• JohnnyO 1 day ago

Use Bitstamp. The. You need to open a wallet I used Gatehub. You then can transfer from Bitstamp to Gatehub. If your not familiar with it, it will take some time to figure out.

18. Max 6 days ago

I have the Ledger nano s, can someone explain how I can buy ripple and transfer the ripple to the hardware wallet?

• Ledge 5 days ago

Hey, you should download the ledger wallet

you install ripple on your ledger thrue the ledger manager. And you will have your wallet, its quite simple to be honest

Than you have to activite your wallet by paying like $10 next step is that you select your wallet number and go to a site to buy ripple

Hope this helps:)

19. Micheal McCrudden 5 days ago

I own a small amount of ripple. About 100. Should I HODL? I it has devalued my investment greatly in the past week alone. What do you suggest I do? I can HODL for a long time. But the hype around it is really negative. Especially with XLM doing so good

20. Ravi 5 days ago

I have purchased Ripple coins of around 2700, for certain amount where the price fall is more down than what I put.. Someone please suggest me on this whether i can continue by keeping those like that or better bearing the minimum loss at this situation, can i sell those and move out of Ripple? I’m really getting confused in this part. Please someone help me out on this. Thanks in Advance

• Optimist 4 days ago

Have it in mind that portfolio like this is meant to be in the long term. Bitcoin went through storm before achieving its value.

Thus, you need to be calm about it. As an investor, you must be patient, calm and not greedy. Ultimately, it’s a risk but pays off in the long term. You might be lucky in the short term, though.

If you don’t have any other monies to invest, you may convert some of the ripples to iota.

But I would advice you leave them and source cash for other portfolios.

21. Mathew 3 days ago

Does any one know where I can get ripple in Canada?

• Kimthekiwi 2 days ago

maybe try Etoro platform..?

22. Karunya Raja 3 days ago

Is it better to buy ripple in koinex ?

23. Mike Marandola 3 days ago

I use gatehub.net. It was recommended when snapswap us went under. You have to validate your identity, and you can wire money to your account domestically and internationally. It’s not super easy, but much easier than it has been in the past. Once you have cash in your account, you can trade. I recommend keeping your money in your personal wallets. And store all your backup secret keys.

• High 3 days ago

Hi Mike Marandola,
      What personal offline wallet are you using for Ripple?
      Thanks 🙂

24. JoeyA 1 day ago

Next year the US Govt is going to introduce FEDCOIN and Canada will launch CANCOIN and that is going to be a bullet in the head for all other bitcoins.

25. Rip 1 day ago

I feel now is the time to buy XRP once it’s more mainstream and easier to accumulate price will hopefully shoot up, we can take advantage of the perplexities in acquiring it now.